It be ya own friends. May everyone learn a lesson from pro boxer Jermall Charlo’s situation, as he was recently jipped out of over $150k. While Charlo — who was in New York to see a fight at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn — was spending time at Jay-Z’s NYC nightclub 40/40, five women got away with his bag.
The bag reportedly contained $40,000 in cash and $115,000 worth of jewelry.
Paying at 40/40
“We, of course, have given all footage to the NYPD and have cooperated as we always do for the last 15 years,” 40/40 publicist Didier Morais said to The New York Daily News, according to People Music. “The bag in question was handed to one of the girls with the Charlo party by a friend of the party host and she walked out of the club with it.”
Of course, authorities are actively searching for the women who allegedly committed the crime, after viewing surveillance video which shows them walking away with Charlo’s bag. In the clip obtained by CBS, the group of women — who had been hanging out with the boxer and his friends all night — can be seen leaving the club with the stolen property.
After the footage was viewed more thoroughly, it was found that one of the 27-year-old’s friends gave the bag to the women. Morais told outlets that, according to the evidence at hand, the theft was “not random.”
“The 27-year-old athlete was reportedly involved in a physical fight at the 40/40 Club club at about 3 a.m. Sunday, according to CBS News. When Charlo returned from the scuffle, his bag, which contained $40,000 in cash and $115,000 worth of jewelry, was gone,” reported People.
While this news adds a little bit of bad press to Jay-Z’s name, the fact that he is rumored to be going on tour with his wife Beyoncé may smooth that out.
On the Run… Again?
After their iconic On the Run Tour, fans have been waiting with baited breath for the couple to announce a follow up. Now, about four years later, people are speculating that their wishes have been granted. Both artists have recently released albums (i.e. Jay-Z’s 4:44 and Bey’s Lemonade), but that isn’t what has the rumor mill spinning about a possible On the Run 2 tour.
The internet was set a buzz after tour dates/pre-sale ticket info popped on Yoncé’s Facebook and Ticketmaster pages. Though all traces of the tour have been deleted, screenshots last forever.
“UMMMMM SO BEYONCÉ JUST ADDED THIS EVENT ON TICKETMASTER???” wrote one Twitter user, alongside a screenshot of the concert information. Another excited theorized, “If Bey and Jay are really gonna go On The Run 2 tour that only means one of them is releasing new music and Jay recently released 4:44 so it must mean.. BEYONCÉ IS RELEASING A NEW ALBUM SOON. Hold on to your edges.”
According to social media, there was info on a performance at Philly’s Lincoln Financial Field, dating July 30. A pre-sale link for both Jay and Beyoncé was reportedly scheduled for March 6, but it has completely disappeared.
Of course, Queen Bey has become known for surprising fans with new projects rather promoting them in advance. So, keep a look out for (real) tour dates and tickets. In the meantime, hit the comments and tell us what you think about Charlo’s situation.
SHARE this article.