Last month, the untimely demise of Prince rocked the music world. The Purple Rain icon reached the apex of music with his limitless creativity and ability to stretch boundaries musically. Many were bemused by his passing and wondered what caused him to go so unexpectedly. Well, buckle up, because we have the results as to what caused Prince to pass away.
Read About What Was the Cause of Prince’s Death
Prince Died Because Of An Opiate Overdose
According to the Associated Press, Prince passed away because he overdosed on Fentanyl. A one-page report released by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office came out this past Thursday (June 2) to disclose the cause of this death.
What Is Fentanyl?
Drugabuse.gov goes into detail and explains that Fentanyl is a “powerful synthetic opiate analgesic similar to but more potent than morphine. It is typically used to treat patients with severe pain, or to manage pain after surgery. It is also sometimes used to treat people with chronic pain who are physically tolerant to opiates. It is a schedule II prescription drug.” It’s 50x more potent then heroin.