Cars are one of the biggest status symbols there is in hip-hop. The bigger the better seems to be the unspoken motto and hip-hop artists have always played that up to the hilt. Hip-hop artists have always sported the newest (sometimes so new they couldn’t be purchased in the open market yet!), most unique, and hottest cars of all the celebrities in the world.
So, what are hip-hop top dawgs sporting now?
Exotic Sports Cars
- The Bugatti Veyron has replaced Lamborghinis and Ferraris as status symbols. Known as the fastest legal street car (it goes up to 267 mph!), lots of hip-hop stars push this whip. Lil Wayne, Flo Rida, Birdman, Lil Wayne, and Jay Z rock this $300,000 beast.
- Lamborghinis are still hot, though. Chris Brown, Young Jeezy, Bow Wow, Xzibit, Diddy, Akon, 50 Cent, and Kanye West all have at least one.
- Akon’s sporting a hot roadster. The Spyker C8 Aileron Spyder is an eye catcher.
- Will.I.Am proudly sports a Tesla Roadster, making him one of the only hip-hop artists to push an electric car.
- One of 50 Cent’s vehicles is a bullet proof Suburban. Black exterior with blacked out windows. No surprise, considering the 9 bullets he took in 2000.
- Hummer H2s make an appearance in Eminem and Dr. Dre’s garages.
1.T.I.’s Dodge Challenger is for when T.I.’s ‘bout it. Black with black windows and red rim accents – smokin’ hot. Wiz Khalifa rocks one of these too.
- T.I. sports a Bentley Mulsanne on the days when he’s feeling like relaxing.
- The Rolls Royce Phantom is making its rounds among hip-hop royalty. Timbaland, Busta Rhymes, and 50 Cent sport this on the regular.
- The Bentley Coupe is The Game’s ride. Sporty and luxury – the perfect combination.
- Swizz Beatz drives something rarely seen on the road in the US: a British-made Morgan Aero. It’s a tribute to the beginnings of car manufacturing in design and a sign of success in the here and now.
Many hip-hop artists like to sport the classics. Here’s a few who proudly rock old rides:
Chamillionaire and his 1967 Plymouth Fury
Snoop and his Brown Sugar – a 1967 Caddie
Snoop and his 1967 Pontiac Parisienne
T-Pain and his 192 Chevy Impala
Rick Ross and his 1973 Impala
Limited Edition Cars
Luda got his hands on one of only two models ever made of this concept car, the Chrysler ME 412, and it is hot.
Wyclef Jean has a fondness for limited edition cars. He has been seen in a Pagani Zonda, which is a rare Italian made car.
Swizz Beatz picked up a Mercedes McLaren SLR – only 3500 were ever made.
Pharrell likes rare and knows a beauty when he sees one. Only 400 Ferrari Enzos were ever made. Pharrell copped one.
It doesn’t get more exclusive than this! Birdman drives the most expensive car in the world ($8 million!!) and he’s the only one who can.
Tastes vary between fast and comfortable, but what is undeniable is that all these cars are fly. Which one are you feinin for?
Cars are one of the biggest status symbols there is in hip-hop. The bigger the better seems to be the unspoken motto and hip-hop artists have always played that up to the hilt. Hip-hop artists have always sported the newest (sometimes so new they couldn’t be purchased in the open market yet!), most unique, and […]